On 6/21/12 5:32 PM, Devin Teske wrote:
Hi everybody,

I've published a new port (sysutils/bsdconfig) so that we can get some testing on the
replacement for sysinstall's [post-installation] "Configure" menu.

We're on a tight schedule, so if you have the time and/or energy your timely
efforts will be GREATLY appreciated in helping to get this software tested
prior to the 9.1-R code freeze.

Please welcome "bsdconfig" (port pkg-descr below):

bsdconfig is a robust utility for configuring/managing various aspects of the
FreeBSD Operating System. Feature-highlights include (but are not limited to):
   - Modular, stable, efficient and i18n-compatible.
   - Easily maintained/extendable sh(1) source/syntax.
   - Works with both dialog(1) in base and Xdialog(1) from ports (x11/xdialog).
   - rc.conf(5) configuration/management based on sysutils/sysrc
   - Timezone configuration based on sysutils/tzdialog
   - Networking management based on sysutils/host-setup

WWW: http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/

Again, thank you very much for testing this new software.
P.S. Due to the large codebase comprising bsdconfig, ample precautions should
be taken. I've not noticed any negative behavior in months of usage, but just
be warned.

P.P.S. I don't think on subscribed to -stable@, so include me in your replies.
I'm one of the coauthors of this code, and I am here on -stable. As stated, this port will only run on 9.0-RELEASE and later.

Please give it a try!  Thanks!

--
Ron McDowell
San Antonio TX