On 7/26/2012 2:45 PM, Matthew Seaman wrote:
So, I tried to do a routine update to the latest stable/9 yesterday
(r238771), and I found that access to the jail on my server had stopped
working.  Everything else seemed to be fine, and reverting to the
previous system (r237456 from 2012-06-22 (Boot Environments FTW)) bought
it all back to life.

After spending most of today bisecting versions and compiling kernels,
I found:

     r238177 worked absolutely fine

     r238236 accessing the jail worked, but everything was slow, as if
             DNS queries were timing out.

     r238246 lots of network timeouts everywhere: accessing the jail
             failed, but then so did accessing the main host.  So much
             so that svn couldn't update properly.

     r238256 worked fine for accessing the main host, but failed when
             trying to access the jail.

Looks like this seems to have been introduced in a batch of commits
MFC'd by bz@ (CC'd) around then.

Now, this jail is set up in an unusual way, which is why I guess I'm the
first person to be affected.  For starters, it only has IPv6
connectivity, and secondly, because I'm running some daemons there I
don't want listening on an external network socket, it's bound to the
loopback and I use firewall redirection to send traffic to it.

Sounds like what I hit and filed kern/170070 on -- basically a host not being able to talk to itself on IPv6, except on the ::1 address.

Workaround: ifconfig lo0 -txcsum6 -rxcsum6

or in /etc/rc.conf:

ifconfig_lo0="inet 127.0.0.1/8 -txcsum6 -rxcsum6"