On Mar 11, 2013, at 12:53 AM, Ian Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:33:50 -0400, Isaac (.ike) Levy wrote:
>> On Feb 23, 2013, at 7:36 PM, John Mehr wrote:
>>
>>>  Hello all,
>>>  I've believe I've made just about all of the progress optimizing svnup
>>>  as I can and I've just submitted it as a new port.  With my ~ 350kb/s
>>>  DSL connection, it now takes just under 30 minutes to download a fresh
>>>  base/releng/8.3 tree using svnup (Subversion's svn takes approximately
>>>  12 minutes).  Incremental updates, such as tracking one of the stable
>>>  branches takes only 2-3 minutes.
>>>  For anyone that wants to preview the port before it gets added to the
>>>  ports tree (assuming I got the send-pr correct), the tarball is located
>>>  at:
>>>  http://jcm.dsl.visi.com/freebsd/svnup/svnup-0.5.tar.xz
>>>  Please let me know if you find any issues.
>>
>> If anyone has any info about sunup(1) making it's way into base, please tell
>> me so I can kill this page:
>>
>> https://wiki.freebsd.org/UsersFetchingSource
>>
>> (After trying to catch up on the relevant lists, I just updated that 'status
>> page' on the FreeBSD wiki.)
>>
>> --
>> John, this is spectacular- thank you!
>>
>> Rocket-
>> .ike
>
> Cool.
>
> The link to svnup above is stale however, now at 0.56.  Best use the
> link (as on your wiki page) of http://jcm.dsl.visi.com/freebsd/svnup/
> and go from there.
>
> Also, I wouldn't be in a hurry to kill that wiki page, lots of useful
> info still there, even when it becomes only for historical reference.
>
> cheers, Ian

Thanks Ian, makes sense.  I already had the base URL in there- but you're right
that the thread URL to this post yields a confusing download (that tarball no
longer exists).

To avoid confusion, yet leave breadcrumbs to get back to this thread, I changed
the link thread to refer to John Mehr's original post to list.

Best,
.ike