Sorry for not replying earlier, I had a lot of work to do.

We had the discussion about extra fork for ports on the FreeBSD forums too
(few days ago) and they suggested redports. I didn't know before that such
a thing already existed, so it's okay. I apologize for not reasearching the
matter more thoroughly before.

The arguments that John presented are sound and good. I understand now, why
you don't want to officially endorse such an idea. I will give reports a
chance and see what goes.

In any case, thanks for the replies!

Jože