Hi all,
I'm trying to setup a ZFS mirror system with a USB disk as backup. The backup
disk is a ZFS pool which I am zfs send'ing to.

However I find that if the disk is disconnected while mounted then things go
pear shaped..
root@gateway:~ # zpool status -v
  pool: backupA
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices are faulted in response to IO failures.
action: Make sure the affected devices are connected, then run 'zpool clear'.
   see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-HC
  scan: none requested
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        backupA       UNAVAIL      0     0     0
          1877640355  REMOVED      0     0     0  was /dev/da0

errors: List of errors unavailable (insufficient privileges)

(but I am root..)

root@gateway:~ # zpool online pool /dev/da0
cannot online /dev/da0: no such device in pool

?!

Anyone have any ideas?

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum