On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:08:36 +0200, Oliver Pinter <oliver.pin...@hardenedbsd.org> wrote:

On 6/15/15, Ronald Klop <ronald-li...@klop.ws> wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 14:25:23 +0200, Oliver Pinter
<oliver.pin...@hardenedbsd.org> wrote:

On 6/3/15, Ronald Klop <ronald-li...@klop.ws> wrote:
Hello,

I see support for the 6235 in iwn(4) is committed in Dec 2013 to CURRENT
[1]. I would like to buy one of these for a reasonable price [2]. Will
it
be easy to use the driver from current in 10-stable? Or is there a
reason
support for this hardware is not MFC'ed?

[1] http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=259116
[2]
http://www.routercenter.nl/product/294857/intel-centrino-advanced-n-6235.html

A recommendation for a better supported card is also welcome.

Hi Ronald!

Try this branch:
https://github.com/opntr/opBSD/tree/op/stable/10-stable-hbsd-iwn .

I backported most of the net80211 and iwn related changes till 2014.
August to 10-STABLE in this branch.

Hi,

The card is ordered. Will try your branch soon. Is there more in that
branch or only WiFi changes?

The changes are ontop of HardenedBSD, so there are many of changes.

Cheers,
Ronald.

Oliver,

Thanks for your info. In the end I decided to go with 11-CURRENT which is running ok with this wifi network card while I'm typing this.

Regards,
Ronald.