2015-10-01 10:32, Marko Cupać wrote:
what is the recommended poudriere jail version for building ports? So
far I was trying to be on latest binary patchlevel for every minor
version for both base system, poudriere jails and clients, but I ended
up with three jails just for amd64 (9.3, 10.1 and 10.2), where I need to
rebuild all the ports every time I patch poudriere jails. This is
starting to take too much of my time.

I see that pkg.freebsd.org hosts just one set of ports per
architecture of major version. What is the OS version they are built
on? Are there any downsides in building all the ports for
10.2-<latestpathclevel> on 10.1-<nopatches>?

I used to have poudriere jails based on a minor version like you have,
but ended up in a simplified setup, building ports only on 10.0-RELEASE
and installing them on 10.1 or 10.2 and 10-STABLE. I think the
official packages are also built based on 10.0-RELEASE .

This mostly works, except for a port like virtualbox-ose-kmod,
which causes a kernel crash when built on 10.0-RELEASE and run
on 10.2. So after each ports upgrade when noticing that pkg
is reinstalling virtualbox-ose-kmod, I re-build this one from
ports on a target host, otherwise the next reboot will end up
crashing on loading a vboxdrv kernel module during startup.

  Mark