> Am 12.05.2016 um 21:03 schrieb Steven Hartland <ste...@multiplay.co.uk>:
>
> I wouldn't rule out a bad cpu as we had a very similar issue and that's
> what it was.

IIRC, the AMD-servers of HP had numerous problems for the first few generations.
Some worked well (I think we have a handful of 385 G1/G2/G5 still running), but
other would just hang or crash from time to time.
May boss was never too keen on them anyway, so we never had that many to begin
with.

Plus, HP servers had and have a way of popping when you remove the power from a
long-running one (that’s probably servers in general).
Most times, it’s only the PSU or a disk, but we’ve also fried NICs by simply
powering the damn thing off…