On 2016-07-14 13:36, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
Hi!

> I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on brand new machine Supermicro X11SSW-F. It
> sits on top of 4x 1TB Samsung SSDs on ZFS RAIDZ2.
>
> The booting is painfully slow from BTX to menu to kernel loading.

I have the same problem on a Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F.

> I found this blog post solving the same problem
> http://smyck.net/2016/06/15/freebsd-slow-zfs-bootloader/

I'll test that solution. Thanks for the pointer!

Tested, works -- I took the 12.0-CURRENT boot files:

gpart bootcode -b pmbr ada0
gpart -p gptzfsboot -i 1 ada0
cp zfsloader /boot/zfsloader

Before: ca. 660 seconds to reboot, now 77 seconds to reboot.

Now, if someone could explain, why...
there were some buffering changes and other stuff in the boot blocks/loader.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: l...@lerctr.org
US Mail: 17716 Limpia Crk, Round Rock, TX 78664-7281