Hi.

I'm experiencing some weird troubles with an LSI MegaRAID SAS9341-4i controller: sometimes, all of a sudden, it reports that disk was reattached. I'm using zfs, and a redundant pool, so, besides the fact that it's bad by itself, everything should continue to work, but instead my FreeBSD starts to livelock, and all disk/zfs commands stop working - they just hang (however, I'm able to log in, launch gstat and other utilities, and most of the services seem to be unaffected, however, iSCSI target starts to behave weirdly too). I wrote a letter to the LSI support, but I guess they will first ask me to try the latest driver, which for some reason isn't commited in the tree yet. So, two questions:

- why the latest driver (6.710.11.00) isn't in the main tree, it's from december 2015, so at least it seems like it should have been made it to the 11.x. In 11.x I still see the 06.709.07.00-fbsd ? may be I don't unerstand something.

- has anyone seen anything similar on mrsas ? I'm kinda open to the ideas. To be honest, I suspect the controller and the firmware, because with factory-default firmware version I had seen all sorts of madness, including disk detaching after requesting SMART data with smartmontools. This was reproducible and solved with the firmware update, but considering the amount of fixes that each new version does contain, I suppose there's many of the bugs that left unfixed.

Thanks.

Eugene.