Il 2016-08-21 08:45 Erich Dollansky ha scritto:

> I am sure that some know of this site:
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2bsd-7linux-bench&num=4
>
> I wonder about the results for FreeBSD. As I do not have 11 on my
> machines, a stupid question. Are there still some debugging aids
> enabled in 11?
> They're off in those versions, but did note compiler (and compiler
> args) differences between within most tests (See attachments) as you
> mentioned.
 the benchmark then compares the off-the-shelve distributions.

Excuse me, as a casual reader of the list, I don't get this "critique".

I never recompile my installations, I just use them from the
installation CD (as probably 90% of the rest of the world), so I don't
get what is wrong with the approach of comparing an out-of-the-box
FreeBSD 11 with an out-of-the-box Ubuntu whatever.

If FreeBSD 11 "out-the-box" performs slow because the standard compilers
options aren't good it's not a problem with the benchmarking platform
but with the default CD compiling options.

Am I getting it wrong?

Thanks :)

---

Andrea Brancatelli