On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:42:38AM +0200, Julien Charbon wrote:

> >>  Thanks, I understand you question now.  No an interrupt cannot bypass a
> >> lock:  Here INP_WLOCK is like mutex -- thread1 resheduled.
> >
> > Thanks, nice.

> >>  I see, thus just for the context:  The TCP stack in sys/dev/cxgb* is a
> >> TOE (TCP Offload Engine?) TCP stack for Chelsio NICs, it is a
> >> separate/side TCP stack that is used only with TCP_OFFLOAD option.
> >>
> >>  This TOE TCP stack actually has its own set of detach()/input()
> >> functions and seems to check INP_DROPPED flag properly.  I guess @np
> >> check fixes in socket TCP stack and decides which one can also impact
> >> the Chelsio TOE TCP stack.  Some bugs are only in socket TCP stack, some
> >> are only in TOE TCP stack.
> >
> > I am fear about other direction -- setting INP_TIMEWAIT in Chelsio TOE
> > TCP stack and impact this to
> > tcp_timer_2msl()/tcp_close()/sofree()/tcp_usr_detach() path.
>
>  I see, I expect no problem on this side as tcp_timer_2msl() checks the
> INP_TIMEWAIT flag and do not call tcp_close() if set.

I am about case when at time of first INP_WUNLOCK() tcp_timer_2msl()
don't see INP_TIMEWAIT, call tcp_close(), tcp_close() do INP_WUNLOCK()
and now Chelsio TOE take INP_WLOCK, do tcp_twstart() and set
INP_TIMEWAIT. After this tcp_timer_2msl resume and have unexpected
INP_TIMEWAIT in tcp_usr_detach().