Marko Cupać wrote on 2016/10/17 17:43:

Now, to give answer to my own question: everything works fine, after -
of course - reinstalling all the packages with `pkg-static upgrade -f'.

Reinstalling all packages?
So you didn't just move jails from one host to another but you upgraded them to 11.0 also? Because I had feeling that you want just to move them to another machine. And if you just move them (completely with shared basejail) you don't need to reinstall packages.

As Oliver said you can use rsync to transfer them without need to compress + scp + uncompress. It is much faster transfer than making archives.

Miroslav Lachman