On 20/10/2016 22:18, Jonathan Chen wrote:
On 21 October 2016 at 09:09, Peter <p...@citylink.dinoex.sub.org> wrote:
[...]
I see this on my pgsql_tmp dirs (where Postgres stores intermediate
query data that gets too big for mem - usually lots of files) - in
normal operation these dirs are completely empty, but make heavy disk
activity (even writing!) when doing ls.
Seems normal, I dont care as long as the thing is stable. One would need
to check how ZFS stores directories and what kind of fragmentation can
happen there. Or wait for some future feature that would do
housekeeping. ;)
I'm seeing this as well with an Odoo ERP running on Postgresql. This
lag does matter to me as this is huge performance hit when running
Postgresql on ZFS, and it would be good to see this resolved.
pg_restores can make the system crawl as well.
As mentioned before could you confirm you have disable atime?