When you say corrupt what do you mean, specifically what's the output from zpool status?

One thing that springs to mind if zpool status doesn't show any issues, and:
1. You have large disks
2. You have performed an update and not rebooted since.

You may be at the scenario where there's enough data on the pool such that the kernel / loader are out range of the BIOS.

All depends on exactly what you're seeing?