I note that in FreeBSD 11, we now have this:

    # grep performance_cx_lowest /etc/defaults/rc.conf
    performance_cx_lowest="C2"  # Online CPU idle state

However this wiki page suggests that C1 is the default

    https://wiki.freebsd.org/TuningPowerConsumption

Are these inconsistent?

I went looking for this because I've been having trouble with the TSC-low
timecounter hardware choice and my system clock running at about 80% of normal
speed. Moving to ACPI-fast solved this problem.

Could the power saving CPU states be related to this problem, or should I look
elsewhere for the TSC issue?

This is a server, not a laptop.

Thanks
Ari