On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 05:12:02PM +0000, Bryce Edwards wrote:
> When trying to build a set of RELENG/11.1 release files, I'm getting the
> following error (tail end of output) in the release.sh run:
> make -C /usr/src/release  obj
> make -C /usr/src/release  ftp
> `ftp' is up to date.

This makes me think a populated release directory within ${.OBJDIR}
(i.e., /usr/obj/usr/src/release) already existed (perhaps from
a previous 11.1-RELEASE build?).

Could you retry after moving the release directory in the obj tree out
of the way?  Everything from your release.conf looks sane otherwise.

Glen