It is perhaps a bit late to chip in on the fixincludes issue.

The "easy" fix for the fix includes issue is to edit the mkfixinc.sh file
as suggested in the page which I linked to below.

I suppose the packages kits could be loaded, the fix applied and the kit
repackaged.

A different fixe would perhaps be to complain to those who maintain
autoconf an request that they implement something that will fix the issue.
Either through an environment variable or a configuration file. The latter,
preferably something that is simple to use. Not something that requires
programming.

Iy interest in this is that I'm trying to build gcc6-aux on a Raspberry PI
3 using FreeBSD v 12. And the fixinclude bites.

OSdev.org on fixincludes
<http://wiki.osdev.org/OS_Specific_Toolchain#fixincludes.2Fmkfixinc.sh>

Greetings,