On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Jose G. Juanino <jjuan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sunday, May 13 at 15:53:28 CEST, Jose G. Juanino wrote:
> > Hi FreeBSD stable,
> >
> > I have upgraded from 11.1 to 11.2-BETA1 right now. I use Virtualbox to
> > run Windows 7 from the FreeBSD box, and just after to complete the
> > upgrade and reboot, the system panics just after to load kernel module
> > vboxdrv.
> >
> > The workaround is rebuild both emulators/virtualbox-ose and
> > emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod ports from within 11.2-BETA1, and
> > after that everything works nicely as before the upgrade. I hope this
> > help other people suffering a similar issue. Best regards.
>
> Full backtrace:
>
> https://pastebin.com/raw/17UU5Mij
>

> --
> Jose G. Juanino

Kernel modules are NOT guaranteed to work between kernels. It is
recommended that all kernel modules from ports and lsof be added to
PORTS_MODULES so they are re-built after each kernel update. Rebuild
virtualbox-ose-kmod, unload all vbox modules and reload them. That should
fix he problem.
E-mail: rkober...@gmail.com