Hi,

this is 11.2-STABLE (r335532), and I am referring to the recent MFC of syslogd
modifications [1].

Because I cannot judge whether fail2ban lacks support for the renewed syslogd
or syslogd has an issue in receiving fail2ban messages I do crosspost this mail
to ports and stable.

I do have fail2ban configured to report to SYSLOG:

        logtarget = SYSLOG
        syslogsocket = auto

But now, after upgrading to the new syslogd fail2ban refuses to report to
syslogd; no single message gets recorded [2].

I did try to modify the syslogsocket setting to /var/run/log without success.
Pointing logtarget to a regular files tells me that fail2ban is running as
expected, it only lacks reporting to SYSLOG.

#) Does anyone else has running py-fail2ban at >= r335059 and can confirm my
observations?
#) Any ideas how to debug this issue?

Thank you in advance and regards,
Michael

[1]
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/11/usr.sbin/syslogd/Makefile?revision=335059&view=markup&sortby=file
[2] both syslogd and fail2ban are running at the host, thus another issue with
syslogd fixed in
    https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&sortby=file&revision=335314
does not apply