On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 5:53 AM Roderick <hru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> OK, for putting LUA was invested many many hours, the FORTH was
> done in 5 minutes and ist worst quality.

I'd easily debate this latter bit- the Forth is certainly higher quality.

> But the booting and installation problems, that I had to solve in
> a tricky way and with additional hardware, began with the LUA loader,
> and are solved putting an old loader, as somenone in this thread noted.

Can you share a pointer to the problems you had?

It would be highly unusual for swapping out the interpreter to cause
problems of this nature. With the way loader is architected, most
low-level details don't change with different interpreters, and it's
incredibly likely you are looking at a problem that was caused
way-independently of swapping out the interpreter. Plenty of things
broke between FreeBSD 10/11 and 12 in loader-world as our loader
universe got thoroughly rototilled and improved -- many of these
things cannot be attributed to lua, but perhaps are because of the
coincidental timing.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans