On 7/6/20 12:13 PM, Jonathan Chen wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 07:10, Don Wilde <dwil...@gmail.com> wrote:
All,

I finally got around to -- I thought :) -- completing my inclusion of
bash-static as a usable shell.

It works as an available shell in 'adduser', but when I tried to use it
as a recovery shell (see attached .odt), I ran into a problem. My fist
pass was to add /bin/stbash to the end of the toor line in
master.passwd, but that didn't change it even after a reboot.
You have to use vipw(8).
That worked, thanks! I'd forgotten about vipw, though I'd used it before. Doug's answer would have worked too, but since vipw calls pwd_mkdb, I didn't have to figure that one out. :)

I'll polish the doc and ship it to freebsd-doc@ for comments. Appreciate the help!

--

Don Wilde