Greetings all,
I just installed a copy of 12@363433 from the install media.
I then pkg installed everything I intended to use.
After installing Xorg-server,nvidia-driver,xf86-input-keyboard,
xf86-input-mouse. I fired
Xorg -configure
examined the output in both /var/Xorg.o.log && ~/xorg.conf.new
everything appeared to be in order. So I fired off a
Xorg -config ~/xorg.conf.new -retro

While I got the familiar background mesh (-retro), and the
keyboard functioned correctly. The mouse doesn't work.

From Xorg.0.log:
[85.337] (II) config/udev: Adding input device IntelliMouse Explorer
(/dev/input/event4)
[85.337] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[85.337] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.

Relevant excerpt from xorg.conf.new:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

I appear to have covered all the bases in the entry of the handbook at:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x-config.html

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--Chris