On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 4:02 PM Pete Wright <p...@nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> On 8/7/20 7:39 AM, Dmitrii Postolov wrote:
> > Hi to all! Sorry for my bad English...
> >
> > dmitrii@nuc7:~ % uname -a
> > FreeBSD nuc7 12.1-STABLE FreeBSD 12.1-STABLE r363918 GENERIC  amd64
> >
> > Intel NUC7PJYH2 Intel HD Graphics.
> >
> > drm-kmod i915kms.ko no result if install from pkg. User in video group.
> > in /etc/rc.conf: kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"
> >
> > The workaround: build drm-kmod from ports after that all OK.
> >
> > This is regression for 12.1-STABLE, for 12.1-RELEASE all OK.
> I believe that is somewhat expected because there may be changes to the
> KPI in STABLE that have not been merged to a RELEASE branch yet.  So
> since the packages are built against RELEASE branches you will run into
> issues where you need to build the DRM drivers locally for systems
> running both STABLE and CURRENT.
>
> Cheers,
> -pete
>
> --
> Pete Wright
> p...@nomadlogic.org
> @nomadlogicLA

More simply, if you run *-STABLE or CURRENT, you really need to rebuild
kmod ports every time you rebuild the kernel. If you are using snapshots
and not rebuilding, you need to at least keep the kernel sources
(/usr/src/sys) on a system and then rebuild any kmod ports when you update
the system. Also, lsof requires current kernel sources, so I suggest
"PORTS_MODULES?=/apth/to/port directory" for any of them in your
/etc/src.conf.
E-mail: rkober...@gmail.com