Ronald Klop <ronald-li...@klop.ws> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 14:37:33 +0100, Michael Grimm <trash...@ellael.org> wrote:

>> P.S. How may I update a local svn copy and simultaneously omit commit 367740
>> from being applied, or how may I revert commit 367740, only?
>

> From the top of my head you can do something like:
>
> Assuming your svn checkout is in /usr/src:
> cd /usr/src
> svn up
> svn diff -c -367740 | patch
>
> This will get the reverse of commit 367740 (because of the -) and patch the
> code with it.

Thanks, someone else pointed me to:

        svn merge -c -367740 .

Worked as expected.

Well, now I am able to omit this commit, but I would love to know what is going
on, and why this commit may break 'authentication/certificate exchange/what so
ever' of IMAP and SMTP/submission clients running in a VNET jail ...

With kind regards,
Michael