> From: "Dennis Pedersen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:32:24 +0200
> Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No, dropping into single-user mode will NOT do the trick. The whole
point is to make REALLY sure that you have a running kernel BEFORE you
blow away the existing user land with the installworld.

If the new kernel won't boot, it's pretty easy to back up to kernel.old
and modules.old and try to figure out whet went wrong. If the kernel
is broken and you have already installed world, you have the potential
of having no choice but to rebuild the system from scratch, not
something you want to do.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Phone: +1 510 486-8634