If memory serves me right, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 02:37:09PM -0700, Andy Sparrow wrote:
> >=20
> > >   If you are experiencing any problems with -STABLE then by all means
> > > speak up now!
> >=20
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > Can we please MFC termcap.src so that the xterm/xterm-color stuff=20
> > finally gets fixed?
>
> There have been a number of complaints about how that termcap commit
> broke/changed terminal functionality..I don't expect it to be MFCed
> yet.

It wasn't clear to me whether or not these had been resolved on
-CURRENT; if not, don't look for it to show up in -STABLE anytime soon.

> > Uhhh, did the atapi-cam stuff get MFC'd yet? It was committed to=20
> > -CURRENT almost a month ago.
>
> Not yet, and it shouldn't be MFCed during a code freeze.

At this point, I'm pretty paranoid about changes to the ata(4) driver
that aren't bugfixes.  We got bit rather badly for 4.6, and I'd just as
soon not inflict a similar experience on 4.7 users.  Opinions among the
REs were mixed when this issue came up a few weeks ago.

(I'd be very happy to see atapicam in 4.7-STABLE, however.)

Bruce.