If memory serves me right, Stijn Hoop wrote:

> > In the end, the exact origin of RELENG_5_1 is much less likely to have
> > any real effect on anybody than the state of the code at the time the
> > branch is made.
>
> So this means that HEAD is still kept in a stable state, or at least stable
> API-wise, so that 5.1 can be branched from it if needed? What changes are
> 'planned' for 5.1? Any overview available? Of course it's not going to
> be comprehensive, but I am just wondering.

HEAD is in a "semi-freeze" state.  Not quite the state of code-freeze, but
any large changes (especially those that affect APIs or ABIs require RE
approval).  (See the releng page on the Web site for a slightly more
precise description of this.)

As for changes, the main change that I would hope to see is that
features that were labeled "experimental" or "work in progress" for 5.0
will be completed and fleshed out.  Other than that, I don't know of
any specifics.

Bruce.