Hello.

I just installed the FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE by FTP from ftp.freebsd.org. I
have chosen "All" in "Choose Distributions" step of sysinstall. During
the installation I got error message about that the ports collection
cannot be located in ftp.freebsd.org. I did few retries but without
success, so I continued the installation. There was no more problem.

Now I see that
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.9-RELEASE/ports/
directory just doesn't exist. I checked few mirrors of ftp.freebsd.org
but .../4.9-RELEASE/ports/ doesn't exist there too. At the same time
.../4.8-RELEASE/ports/ and .../5.1-RELEASE/ports/ exist. As far as I
know, most people uses ISO images and installs FreeBSD from CD. I
didn't check FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE ISO image but I'm suspecting that
.../4.9-RELEASE/ports/ exist there. Is .../4.9-RELEASE/ports/
non-existence a consequence of some FTP upload problem? Could someone
upload .../4.9-RELEASE/ports/ to fix it?

Thanks