On 25. Sep 2004, at 22:29, Doug White wrote:

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Eirik Øverby wrote:

On 23. Sep 2004, at 04:15, Doug White wrote:

Is something sharing an interrupt with that device?

PCI bus errors are generally Bad News .. either some device or the
mobo is inroducing errors.

Well.. Yes, there is some interrupt sharing. Relevant parts of dmsg:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~$ dmesg | grep "irq 2"
IOAPIC #0 intpin 19 -> irq 2
uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> port 0xd400-0xd41f irq
2 at device 4.2 on pci0
ahc0: <Adaptec aic7890/91 Ultra2 SCSI adapter> port 0xd000-0xd0ff mem
0xe2000000-0xe2000fff irq 2 at device 6.0 on pci0
amr0: <LSILogic MegaRAID> mem 0xe3000000-0xe300ffff irq 2 at device 9.1
on pci0

Apparently one of these devices doesn't like getting an interrupt when there's no data pending. It might be a FreeBSD driver bug, but being a 3-way share it'll make it hard to untangle.

In that case, building a kernel without the adaptec driver might actually resolve the problem for now?

I don't like the fact that the LSI and the Adaptec are sharing IRQs,
given that the LSI is the main system drive controller (which is why I
don't use the Adaptec at all - and it cannot be disabled in BIOS I
think!)...

I should perhaps try to reallocate some of the IRQs, but I don't really
have a clue how to do that, since I have no VGA in that box.. Ohwell, I
guess I just have to rip it open ;)

Yah .. rearrange the cards in the slots and see what you can convince it
to do.

That's the plan.

Thanks!!

/Eirik