PS: I've posted a similiar mail to @current, but not a dupe ;)

Hi!

For some time I've been wanting to use NO_YP_LIBC with buildworld for my jails, to enable NIS on the host system but keep the jails functioning.

I noticed back in August that a patch was submitted to make this work on then-CURRENT:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2004-August/002550.html

Sadly, when compiling 4-STABLE (as of 45 minutes ago), buildworld gives me the following errors:

...snip snip...
===> libexec/mknetid
cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -c /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/mknetid.c
cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -c /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/hash.c
cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -c /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/parse_group.c
gzip -cn /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/netid.5 > netid.5.gz
gzip -cn /usr/src/libexec/mknetid/mknetid.8 > mknetid.8.gz
cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -o mknetid mknetid.o hash.o parse_group.o
mknetid.o: In function `main':
mknetid.o(.text+0xdc): undefined reference to `yp_get_default_domain'
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error

This feature would be very useful, and it is sad to see that it has once been in the tree but that it does not work any longer.

Here's to hoping someone can look into it (Bjoern, are you reading this? ;)

Thanks,
/Eirik