On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:29:08 -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just read in the release notes that 5.3-RELEASE has the new ULE
scheduler available, but that 4BSD is the default scheduler.  I thought
I read messages in freebsd-current indicating that the option to use ULE
was completely removed from the 5.3 or even the RELENG_5 branch?  So, is
ULE really available?

Not in RELENG_5 and not in RELENG_5_3. There are issues with it. If it is fixed it will come back.

See this line in /usr/src/sys/kern/sched_ule.c:
#error "The SCHED_ULE scheduler is broken.  Please use SCHED_4BSD"

Ronald.

--
 Ronald Klop, Amsterdam, The Netherlands