On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:05:04 -0500, Suleiman Souhlal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 03:46, Ronald Klop wrote:
For what I have seen everybody uses snd_emu10k1. Since I use my onboard
soundcard (snd_ess* (not MPSAFE)) I have less problems with my sound under
disk load.

None of the sound drivers are actually MPSAFE.. The reason people that use snd_emu10k1 are more affected by this is because it has a smaller default buffer size (4096) than the other drivers.

I'm not at home now so I can't check, but I remember that the snd_emu10k1 doesn't say [GIANT-LOCKED] in dmesg, while all my other soundcards do.

Ronald.

--
 Ronald Klop, Amsterdam, The Netherlands