Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 01:19:54PM -0800, Jeff Behl wrote:

I'm getting a kernel panic every time I start getting traffic (~ 20Mb/s total) to two squid processes. This was not happening with -RELEASE. I upgraded on the advice that STABLE would decrease the %cpu spent in system, which was much higher than that spent in user. The machine's only fucntion is as a reverse proxy (2 separate squid processes to take advante of both cpus).

Let me know if a dump would be helpful, or if there's anything I can do to help.

You really need to get a debugging traceback - see the chapter on kernel debugging in the developers' handbook.

Kris

will do. in the mean time, i've disable SACK (someone mentioned trying this on another thread for a different problem...can't remember where) and the machine is no longer crashing.