[cc'ing to FreeBSD-Stable]

Hi,

I know that the proposed patches I submitted are not the best patches, but given that the next release of RELENG_4 is coming out, would it not be better to commit those to RELENG_4 as they allow the modem to work when it shares an interrupt with another device ? The sio and interrupt handling code in RELENG_5 is different enough that I doubt the patches you are proposing would make it back to RELENG_4. This at least lets the modem work and prevents the machine from locking up in an interrupt storm on RELENG_4 without breaking any functionality (as far as I know).

        ---Mike