On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 07:16:48PM +0100, Juergen Dankoweit wrote:
>
> > In a german documenation I have read that the "-j"-switch should not be
> > used because I makes trouble especially on SMP-systems.
>
> This is incorrect.

I've recently seen an odd nit involving -j kernel compiles, in which
occasionally the build breaks because of a parse problem and vnode_if.awk.
I've been meaning to sit down and see if I can reproduce it, I suspect a
dependency problem.  -j should always work for the kernel, but I wonder if
some of the tool upheaval, especially relating to the vnode include stuff
in -CURRENT, has broken it.

Robert N M Watson