On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Daniel Eischen wrote:
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Ruben van Staveren wrote:

Are you using Xorg6.8.1 and have enabled the Composite extension ?

(as in

Section "Extensions"
       Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

)

Then add this line to /usr/X11R6/bin/firefox, just beneath the #! /bin/sh

export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1

Didn't make a difference with native builds of www/firefox v 1.0.1 and www/flashplugin-firefox 0.4.12.

Why don't you run firefox with -g and get a dump and backtrace out of it?

Because, as I said earlier this thread:

  I do try it every couple of weeks to see if it works, but the best it
  gets is two-three web sites and then the seg fault. I realize until I
  sit down with a stack trace I haven't earned the right to complain, so I
  haven't yet, figuring it'll be important enough someday to someone
  clueful enough.  Or, Macromedia will some day lighten up and let Mozilla
  include it as part of the web browser by default.  Or something.

...and that I've got nowhere near the chops to do anything useful with a stack trace that I'm sure others do. I thought I'd pipe up in response to Ruben's message to provide a data point. Am I the only one for whom Firefox and www/flashplugin-firefox doesn't work?

        Brian