B wrote:
Hey, i just burned 5.3 and put it on my old p2 laptop. When i put in my linksys
a+g card the first time it normally says no driver attached. But if i do
ifconfig ath0 then reinsert it i get the following:

Ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0x88000000-0x8800ffff irq 9 at device 0.0 on cardbus1

ath0: mac 5.6 phy 4.1 5ghz radio 3.6
ath0: failed to allocate descriptors: 12
device_attach: ath0 attach returned 12
cbb1: CardBus card activation failed

Memmory is too fragmented to allocate the descriptors in one chunk. I changed this logic in current to allocate separate blocks for the tx+rx+beacon descriptors; I'll look at backporting that (though it's too risky to get into 5.4).

        Sam