David Magda wrote:

On Apr 2, 2005, at 09:45, Ralph Hempel wrote:

I haven't tried it with 5.x, but here's how I modify the CD to
allow headless installs for 4.x

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/embedded/stories/ bdgFreeBSDHeadless.html>

Wouldn't is be better to simply use the "-P" option instead of "-h"?
 From boot(8) on my FreeBSD 4.x system:

-P    probe the keyboard.  If no keyboard is found, the -D and -h
options are automatically set.

<snip>

Are there any major issues with making this the default for x86 (and
 amd64?) for future releases?

Dave, great suggestion! I'm glad you took the time to read my little article and coment on it.

It's things like this that keep the list interesting!

Cheers, Ralph