Dominic Marks wrote:
This includes at least the following changes (some not visible):

 + The entire header line is limited to the window width too.
 + The USERNAME column is hard-limited to 8 characters.
I suppose it could be argued that using usernames of that format is a poor choice on my part, and if that is the consensus of opinion then I'll have to look at fixing my own setup. I use long format usernames because it do not wish to have to remember that rm5, rmoore (many other possible ways) is a particular person.

finger?

If this behaviour could be turned on and off, I'd be very happy.

How about making it a command line parameter? The field size, I mean.

-- Tuomo

... If it works, tear it apart and find out why!