On 25/05/2005, at 4:17, alan bryan wrote:

--- Søren Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there anything in -CURRENT that would help this

work better than 5-STABLE plus the ATA mkIII "n"
patches?

Yes, I've done quite a bit of changes that affects
this on -current.
However its done blindfolded since I dont have a
nForce4 based system
here yet (but should soon).

- Søren

How soon is "soon"?  I may be able to send you some
hardware too if that would be helpful.

"one of these days" it should be in transit..

I tried a -CURRENT kernel today but didn't
build/install world or anything else as I don't want
to mess up this machines 5.4 installation.  The result
was that it now seems to identify all the atapici0 -
atapici3 controllers and doesn't do the repeated
DISCONNECTED/CONNECTED messages but it still panicked
near the end of the bootup process, around the USB
area.

I called a friend today who has a spare SATA drive I
can borrow so I'll be picking that up tomorrow and
I'll swap out drives and do a fresh -CURRENT install
tomorrow on that new drive to see if I can get it any
further along towards a successful boot.  I'll report
back with my findings.

OK, let me know, I'll be away from mail Thurday to Sunday, so if I dont respond as quickly as usual you know why...

- Søren