Colin Farley wrote:
   Hi Matt,

   Thanks for your reply.  =he model of the Cisco router is 2811.  Do
   you think that lowering the=imeout to 5 seconds would be ok? I have
   seen that Cisco does not recommen= a timeout below 30 seconds but
   after reading your reply and seeing as the=e are only a couple dozen
   hosts on this subnet I would think that thi= would be fine.  Please
   confirm. Thanks again.

It should be fine, but some experimentation will be in order, as the amount of traffic each node generates could be a factor as well.

Set it to what you want, then keep an eye on CPU utilization on the router. The command you want is:

show proc cpu

-jav