On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 02:52:23PM -0600, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

Stephen,

> You are doing better than me.  I try this:
> ifconfig ath0 wepkey 12345
> and get
> ifconfig: SIOCS80211: Invalid argument
>
> (Actually maybe that is happening to you as well, but since you are
> setting ifconfig_ath0 from within rc.conf, you might be missing this
> error message as it flies by in your start up.)

Nope, my atheros card is comming up perfectly with WEP. When I do the
configuration with ifconfig, I also don't get any error's. The only
thing is, 802_11 frame's with WEP are dropped.

> I get this error on other wireless cards as well.

An other card (Lucent Gold) (wi) is working perfect with WEP, so I
think you have a totaly different problem than me.

--
Regards,

Richard.