Joerg Pulz wrote:

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Michael Rogato wrote:

I know I'm a couple weeks late, but I've been having the same problem with my 300-8x. It seems that after a seemingly random period of time on my dual opteron box, the system just hangs. It did kernel panic once when I was taking down the geom array. Originally I thought it might have something to do with GEOM, but since it's also happened outside of a GEOM array, I'm kind of at a loss.

Have you managed to find anything out about what exactly is causing the problem? I don't get any kind of error messages, so I haven't had much luck in tracking it down.

With help from Scott Long and John Baldwin, i have my system up and running again without problems.
You should build your own kernel which should have
options     MUTEX_NOINLINE
in the kernel configuration. With this option my system is working.

regards
Joerg

I think that the root problem is actually memory corruption from the
amr-cam module.  I haven't been able to nail it down further, though.
However, this module is entirely optional and isn't used for anything
in the base system (it's only useful if you hook up a cdrom or tape
drive to your RAID card), so I've disabled it CVS HEAD and RELENG_6
until I can fix it for good.

Scott