Kris,

For the record, we ran the following for about 30 minutes, with no ill effect:

  #!/bin/sh
  exec >> /var/log/panic
  exec 2>&1
  echo
  echo `date` "-- trying to panic"
  while [ 1 ]
  do
      /sbin/mount /backup/
      /bin/rm -rf /backup/foo
      /bin/cp -R /usr/bin /backup/foo
      /sbin/umount /backup/
      echo -n '.'
  done

At this point our plan is to cross our fingers and wait for 6.1.

Thanks for all your efforts!

chad

Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 12:33:28PM -0500, Chad Whitacre wrote:
Kris,

Yes.  FYI, I am fairly confident this is fixed, because I make
extensive use of mount/umount+filesystem activity, and I am no longer
seeing problems like this.
Great! Thanks for the info. We won't kill ourselves trying to test this then.

Well, I'd still like you to test it just to be sure.  I'm not able to
detect all FreeBSD bugs, after all (though I try :-)

Kris