This is what I initially tried, but it didn't work due to a wrong "BEFORE:" tag. "rcconf" was removed from 6-STABLE, so my scripts didn't start at all anymore.

Invalid dependencies seem to make rc-scripts not execute *at all* in 6-STABLE. (note taken)

So far I think I got it working now.
Thanks for your input!

M.

Pete French schrieb:

Actually I was suggesting you overwrite rc.conf *itself* with the variable
setting code - so every script which reloads it gets the variables set.
Surely that would work ? Though it would mean your code would be run
multiple times...

-pete.