On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Robert Watson wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, User Freebsd wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Robert Watson wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, User Freebsd wrote:

Instead of changing your kernel config, edit the sio1 entries in /boot/device.hints. (This assumes you left device sio in your kernel -- if not, you need to re-add it).

'k, re-adding ... and I take it there is no more 'DDB_UNATTENDED' option? Something equivalent?

This is now KDB_UNATTENDED, since it affects by DDB and GDB. KDB is the common debugger framework backend used to implement front-end debuggins ervices.

Ya, figured this one out when I tried to compile ... someone might want to add a mention of the new options in the ddb man page though :)

You mean like the following text in the ddb(4) man page?

NAME
    ddb -- interactive kernel debugger

SYNOPSIS
    options KDB
    options DDB

    To prevent activation of the debugger on kernel panic(9):
    options KDB_UNATTENDED

Ack, I was probably reading on one of my 4.x boxes :(

But, the handbook does need to be updated:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-online-ddb.html

----