Bruno Ducrot wrote:
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 11:51:25AM -0400, Mike Jakubik wrote:
I need to be able to get the cpu and fan information from my motherboard, however none of the monitoring utilities in the ports seems to support my motherboard (Supermicro PDSMi, Intel E7230 (Mukilteo) Chipset). On my older VIA based motherboards and some Nvidia, i can get this information using ACPI and the hw.acpi.thermal sysctl. This however is not available on this motherboard. Would this be a shortcoming of the motherboards ACPI implementation, or a lack of support by freebsd?

Does this one support IPMI?

Yes, but with an optional $54 add-on card.