Hello list,

We have been running 4.9 and using freevrrpd 0.9.3, which worked great,
- the latest in the ports tree. We are switching
to 6.1 released and we now get the the following error from freevrrpd:
freevrrpd[6241]: cannot do ioctl, intertface is faulty: Device not
configured

This is a bogus message since the interface is configured up and running.
What changed in 6.1 to cause this?

The message comes from the following code in freevrrpd:

int vrrp_moncircuit_interface_status(int sd, char *if_name)
{
    struct ifmediareq ifmr;

    if (sd < 0) {
        syslog(LOG_ERR, "socket descriptor must be != -1");
        return -1;
    }
    bzero(&ifmr, sizeof(ifmr));
    strncpy(ifmr.ifm_name, if_name, sizeof(ifmr.ifm_name));

    if (ioctl(sd, SIOCGIFMEDIA, (caddr_t)&ifmr) < 0) {
        if (errno == EINVAL) {
            syslog(LOG_ERR, "your NIC doesn't support SIOCGIFMEDIA
ioctl: %s", strerror(errno));
            return -3;
        }
        else
            syslog(LOG_ERR, "cannot do ioctl, intertface is faulty: %s",
strerror(errno));
        return -2;
    }

    if (ifmr.ifm_status & IFM_AVALID) {
        if (ifmr.ifm_status & IFM_ACTIVE)
            return 1;
        else
            return 0;
    }

    /* Interface has no carrier cable problem ? */
    return 0;
}

Thanks,
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

decreases."  (Thomas Jefferson)