Vivek Khera wrote:

On Sep 26, 2006, at 10:31 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I was able to mount nfs mounting point and to copie 16K of 7G data. and, it goes to freezing. I can't kill neither cp process neither mount unmount nfs (umount command goes freezing too). tcpdump tells me that server doesn't give any response in spite of client's udp queries.

sounds similar to my issue with mksnap_ffs locking up in "D" state, except that mksnap also locks the whole file system while it works, so if it freezes, so does the full FS.

I'm running 6.2-PRE from 9/23.

yeah, that's true, ps ax shows the "cp" process staing in D state. by the way, the server is unavailable now, execpting ping. the whole system is out.

--
Richard VENNE
www.dental-on-line.com